Wednesday, March 5, 2014

New Project in the Works

This is a total break from my usual routine.  I'm typically a person who likes to keep things quiet, working in silence until I've got everything all figured out and completed.  So this blog posting is testimony to being bold on two fronts.  This is the first time I've ever introduced a new project in the midst of the actual beginning.  This is also an opportunity for me to be experimental in my mindset and stretch my creative muscle, particularly in the perspective I'm taking.  So I'd like to present my "tree" project; I hope there is reciprocity between your interest and me stepping out of my comfort zone.

I've long admired trees.  The physical structure of roots, trunks, branching, growth habit and foliage has captured my devoted attention for some time.  As an avid hiker I have the opportunity to be immersed in the experience of nature's finest.  So it is no surprise, to me at least, that yet again I venture out to observe trees, but this time I want to present a totally new perspective.  Maybe this, as yet unnamed, series will take a more abstract and even aerial view of a very familiar subject.

© 2013, Joanne Scherf


So in an attempt to tease and cajole you into keeping posted on future developments of this project here's just two images that conveys my initial vision.  Over time the vision will become more defined, but in this early stage of development I'm still considering multiple creative options.  I've got a secondary plan as well, but for the time being let me share these images as a true beginning.  Interested in your thoughts as this project develops.


© 2013, Joanne Scherf


No comments:

Post a Comment