Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Winter Highlights

In spite of the frequency of snowfall, mountains of drifts, and sub-zero temperatures today, I enjoyed a stroll amidst the trees to inhale the crisp air of the waning grip of winter.  The scene is actually Holy Sepulchure cemetery where I visited my Mother's gravesite on what would have been her 89th birthday. With the current weather conditions it was evident I was the only visitor so I relished in the quiet solitude, leaving pink roses to add a splash of color in sharp contrast to the sparkling white snow.

Now wandering off, as I so often do, I came upon beautiful sites that simply took my breath away.  This time of year is a favorite of mine for capturing images because of the incredible shadows, and I also love seeing the true growth habit of a tree that the bare branches so willingly exhibit. I'll let the following images showcase the special treats nature provides us.  It's there for the taking.... if only we'd take the time to really look and SEE.

The iridescent oak leaves still clinging onto the branches, awash in highlights from the overhead sun.

@2014, Joanne Scherf
Or open spaces with trees scattered about, often leading to fields of snow, so white it actually appears blue in color.  Even the natural drifting of snow forms a welcoming pathway that offers a closer look.


@2014, Joanne Scherf

©2014, Joanne Scherf

No comments:

Post a Comment